- I met with my advisor today which was a pleasant experience, as usual. I feel incredibly lucky for this.
- One of the things we discussed is that I really should lift weights if I’m going to make it through this program.
- I had half a bell pepper and three Cadbury Creme Eggs for dinner.
- My summer course was approved – so I’m teaching a version of my Women in Sitcoms class.
- I was able to hire my former intern as my TA. I’ve given that kid a job twice! He’s been an amazing worker and will probably fly through the ranks in the library world. I am trying to be nice to him so he’ll hire me when I finish this degree.
- It has been 9 weeks since I broke my foot and sprained my ankle, and I am still wearing an aircast but am thankfully off crutches.
- I’m doing directed readings this summer, so I will probably be no fun to talk to unless you’re really interested in information literacy, education, information seeking, and libraries. Although, because of my class, I’ll talk a bit about sitcoms, gender studies, and social justice as well.
- I am the world’s slowest grader, and I can’t use that app from the UNC professor because my students’ projects are online.
- My favorite thing about this semester is getting to play with numbers. Psychometrics is awesome.
I don’t feel ready for it this year. I think since I’m local again, it doesn’t feel as necessary to jam everything I can into the next week. Also, being in the Aircast doesn’t really help. However, I got a great new bag that I wanted to pre-test at the unfortunately-postponed Kite Festival. It’s now going to make its debut at sxsw. I will try to put up a post on this year’s packing list (and how it all fits in the new bag) by this evening. I know y’all are waiting with bated breath. Back to office hours and grading fun.