is to make tasty things to eat.
The last two weeks of my life have been ridiculously stressful and awful. I ate many yummy things (like multiple containers of ice cream) but I think it’s time to reintroduce vegetables into my diet.
These are the ingredients I’d like to use this week:
- Two anaheim peppers (one hot, one mild – but I have no idea which is which)
- One jalapeno
- A mini tub of grape tomatoes
- Snow peas
- Pesto tortellini
- Frozen broccoli
After consult the internet, these are my proposed dishes
- Anaheim peppers stuffed with feta cheese and jalapeno – either with raw peppers or cooked
- Pesto tortellini tossed with olive oil, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, and cherub tomatoes either sauteed or roasted
- Candied carrots
- Honey glazed peas and carrots
- I also really want to make microwave caramel popcorn, the recipe is pretty much the same as the microwave peanut brittle I make every Christmas (fantastic with cashews as well, but DON’T double this recipe). You have to be quick when you add baking soda to this kind of thing.
I will probably throw tomatoes in with my egg whites a few times, but I still need some more things to do with all those tomatoes
Is Chris Cornell really singing Imagine on The Tonight Show right now? Does he look like Dave Grohl to anyone else? He never has to me before, but something about his long-haired unwashed self. Ok, I’m about a minute in, and now remembering how much I LOVED Chris Cornell. Not only could he scream with the best of them the do the whole smooth vocal thing, but holy crap he was hot. I’ve been feeling 90’s tastic lately, mostly due to the J. Crew catalog with the denim shirt, white turtle neck and thick black cardigan on the cover. Can I get my flannel back out? Oh wait, it won’t be flannel weather until those two weeks in January. I am LOVING the rain though. I’ve had my AC off for TWO WHOLE DAYS!