- I met with my advisor today which was a pleasant experience, as usual. I feel incredibly lucky for this.
- One of the things we discussed is that I really should lift weights if I’m going to make it through this program.
- I had half a bell pepper and three Cadbury Creme Eggs for dinner.
- My summer course was approved – so I’m teaching a version of my Women in Sitcoms class.
- I was able to hire my former intern as my TA. I’ve given that kid a job twice! He’s been an amazing worker and will probably fly through the ranks in the library world. I am trying to be nice to him so he’ll hire me when I finish this degree. 😉
- It has been 9 weeks since I broke my foot and sprained my ankle, and I am still wearing an aircast but am thankfully off crutches.
- I’m doing directed readings this summer, so I will probably be no fun to talk to unless you’re really interested in information literacy, education, information seeking, and libraries. Although, because of my class, I’ll talk a bit about sitcoms, gender studies, and social justice as well.
- I am the world’s slowest grader, and I can’t use that app from the UNC professor because my students’ projects are online.
- My favorite thing about this semester is getting to play with numbers. Psychometrics is awesome.
You are currently browsing articles tagged navel gazing.
Tags: navel gazing
I bruise if a butterfly whispers within 5 feet of me. I bruise beautifully, spectacularly, and my bruises last for a long time. However, even though I have had run ins with moving trucks, trains, and very tough women on roller skates – I never broke a bone until last weekend when I fell down one step.
Please enjoy a little best-of Lea’s bruises slideshow (as I am playing with different slideshow widgets)
Lea & bike vs. Truck
Leg vs. skate
Lea's face vs. cement floor
Ankle vs Step
*post title from Iron & Wine, “Grass Widows”
Tags: bruises, navel gazing, song lyrics